Candle _ Wax Melt _ Melt Cup Care and instructions
Never leave a burning candle unattended!
Extinguish all candles when leaving a room or going to sleep.
Never use a candle as a night light.
Keep burning candles away from children and pets.
Do not place near flammable objects such as curtains, walls, bedding, papers, etc.
Keep candle free of wick trimmings or other foreign matter that could be a fire hazard.
Make sure the candle is placed on a stable, heat resistant level surface.
Avoid burning in drafts such as open windows, ceiling fans and air currents.
Extinguish if flame become too high or if flickering repeatedly.
Keep wick trimmed to 1/4 inch at all times to avoid carbon build up.
Allow candle to cool before trimming wick or relighting.
Never extinguish candles with water. The water can cause the hot wax to splatter and might cause the container to break.
Container or Jar Candles
Do not burn a candle in a container that is chipped or cracked.
Do not allow candle to burn completely down to the bottom.
Discontinue using candle when about 1/2 inch of wax remains.
Do not allow flame to touch sides of container, this could cause a container to crack.
Containers may become hot, handle with care!
Allow candle to cool before replacing lid on jar.
Tarts or Melts
Only use an approved tart warmer for your melts.
Never leave warmer unattended.
Keep warmer away from children and pets.
Warmer trays may become hot, handle with care!
How long should I burn my soy candle?
The optimal burn time is based on the diameter of the jar, one hour for each inch. Doing so allows both the candle fragrance to distribute throughout a room, and it allows the soy wax to heat evenly to the sides of the candle, so that it burns down evenly and with minimal residue. However, if you like to keep a candle burning from morning to night, it’s very important to extinguish the candle every 3-4 hours and trim the wick. This will keep the flame from becoming too large, the jar from becoming too hot and prevent soot from accumulating around the top of the jar.
Why does my candle have small white crystals in the wax?
Firre Scents uses 100% soy wax in the manufacturer of our candles. Soy wax is a natural substance that has its own natural traits. Natural wax can often produce a frosted look called “fat bloom” and is most noticeable in dyed candles. Soy wax behaves much like chocolate and reacts like chocolate when warmed and cooled. This is a natural characteristic and should not be considered a flaw. Some customers even look for signs of frost to insure the candle is made from 100% soy. Some candle makers attempt to combat frosting in soy candles by using paraffin wax. We never use paraffin in our candles because we feel it’s important to provide an environmentally friendly, 100% soy candle.
Why is my candle leaving wax on the sides of the container as it burns?
This can occur when the candle hasn’t achieved a full melt pool. “Tunneling” may occur if the candle is lit and then extinguished before the pool of melted wax has formed. A candle should be burned one hour for each inch of the diameter. For example, a jar with a diameter of 2 ½” inches should be burned for two and a half hours.
Why do I occasionally see soot coming off my candle?
Check the wick length. If the wick is longer than one quarter of an inch, it’s time to trim. Do not attempt to trim the wick while the candle is lit. Extinguish the flame, trim the wick and relight. It is best to check and/or trim the wick to one quarter of an inch before you light your candle. Burn your candle away from any drafts. Drafts can cause the flame to burn hotter, thus causing soot to appear.
Why does my candle burn to one side?
As you check the wick length, also be sure to check that the wick is standing straight. If it leans to one side, the flame will melt the wax on one side of your candle and not the other. To straighten the wick, gently push it with a wick dipper or a knife until the wick is centered in the jar.
Why does my wick have a black carbon deposit on it”?
This carbon deposit is referred to as “Mushrooming” Long burn-times can easily create a mushroom in any candle, especially if the wick isn't kept trimmed to one quarter of an inch or less. Other reasons mushroom occur are due to the scent and dye added to the wax. Mushrooming can be more common in heavier or floral scents but again if the wick is kept trimmed correctly, mushrooming shouldn’t be a problem.
What is the best way to care for my candle wick?
Always keep wicks trimmed to ¼” to keep candles burning correctly. Soy candles do not emit toxins but if the wick is too long or the candle is burned more that 3 hours, soot from the wick may accumulate on the jars. This is NOT the same as the toxic soot left from paraffin candles but it can still be unsightly. Keep your candles burning nicely by adhering to these guidelines. We suggest using a Wick Trimmers at all times. These are available for purchase on our website.
You simply take your wax melt and place one or more in your warmer or melter. Then light your tea light or turn on your heat warmer if it is electric. When you are finished using them, you just turn off or remove the heat source and the wax will solidify until you are ready to use it again.
Used for Electric wax warmers Only. Use Caution when changing scents before wax is cooled as this may result in burns. This unique packaging allows you to not lose your lid as well as eliminate the mess and fuss of changing out your melts with the ease of snapping your fingers. Melt Cups are simple and easy to use still made with all natural soy wax and fragrance oil that you love from the other products just in a easy to use package. Make sure Warmers are level before melting as the wax may leak out of container in uneven surfaces or plug ins.